Monday, October 27, 2008

Self cleansing

I was always a believer of yoga and the power of what it could do.And it is said that yoga is nothing without pranayama. But somehow I just like the power yoga asanas without the pranayama ,that is the importance of breathing. And more so,about meditation. I knew it works keep you concentrated and calm,but never had the patience to practice it. My mind wandered most of the times when I tried to meditate. I just tried it right now and I realise that it actually makes you feel dreamy. You get into this state of trance where everything around you seems so much better than what it is. You feel positive about everything that has happened to you and that is going to happen. 
But surprisingly,as i said my mind wanders a lot when trying to focus.. And this state of imagination set in. It was like a visualization of what my future is. I dont know whether it was what it is going to be,or what I want it to be like. But the former and latter dont make much of a difference.And now I realised how important it is to take time out of your daily rat race and just close your eye and breathe. It gives you an altogether new perspective towards life. 

No comments: