Thursday, November 12, 2009

Little things I like

I like touching dogs' wet noses. And keep touching them .

I like fiddling with the remains in my plate at the end. If it is a vegetable piece , I could use a fork to cut it into a million minuscule pieces.

I like describing an action using sounds. This Ive taken from my mom. When a lizard falls on the floor, she says " The lizard fell.. "Pattth".

I like to look at myself in front of the mirror immediately after Ive cried. I get so engrossed in looking how red my eyes have become that I forget that I was crying.

I hardly cry in romantic movies. But I cry in every dog movie. I cried like crazy when I saw 101 Dalmatians . When they thought the last pup Lucky died,but suddenly it moved its arms, yawning like the most beautiful thing in the world. And lo... the water tank began!

Oh yeah, that reminds me. I like crying. I cry a lot. And a lot. Its lets my grief come out and make me come back to normal.

I like to smell. I smell a lot. I smell petrol , pickle bottles, washed clothes, my hand when there is lotion on it.My olfactory sense is the strongest.

I never like to visualize the end. If i see it, that means Ive lost it. Like when i run a 100 meter race, I never ever imagine holding the trophy. That means Ive just lost it.

I like eating Dairy milk and keeping a piece on my upper palette without chewing it. I wait for it to melt.

I like catching mosquitoes in my hand tight enough to fracture their limbs, but loose enough for them not to get squished in my hand.

Its strange that whenever I end up sleeping more during exams and dont finish a particular topic, that topic either does not come or I can leave it choosing another option I know. And when I dont sleep, it seems like this voice inside already knew the paper and used its discretion to wake me up early in the morning. I can feel it.

I read reading Prevention magazine.

I like mimicking Bubbles's voice (Powerpuff Girls). I like her the most amongst all the sisters.

I like taking quizzes about self help.

I like believing in astrology and feel that I AM truly a cancerian.

I like listening to the sound of flowing water. Whenever I go to a beach, I just listen quietly.

I like singing the Carnatic Music of Bharatanatyam while doing my daily chores.

I like to synchronize my breath with the running steps I take while practicing for basketball.It makes me forget that Im tired.

I like going by the color therapy. Thats why there is red wallpaper in my room.

I like being weird.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Like! :D
oh, n quite predictably, i was checking how many of the things listed i like too. :)

P.S. i think #2 is more a result of d long discussions u always hv during meals, dat go on long after d food is over. hehe.. :D

maverick said...

:) :)the wet nose of pups is really cute but red eyes isnt..:(
things I like...:) nice :)

priyakumar7.7 said...

@harsh: yeah i know.something to fiddle with when im talking.:)

@abhishek: pups dont have red eyes. they just become red with flash. and yeah..nothing cuter than wet noses.:)

maverick said...

i wasnt talkng abt pups..:(

priyakumar7.7 said...

:)

Anurag Kumar said...

The new dark goddess. "I like catching mosquitoes in my hand tight enough to fracture their limbs, but loose enough for them not to get squished in my hand."
Really? Even mosquitos deserve some mercy. :P

Priya Varunesh Kumar said...

@anurag: yeah I do have mercy on them by not killing them inspite of them creating red boils on my entire body.:( Cant show more. Im human after all.