Thursday, January 27, 2011

I took the plunge!!!

There are going to be big changes in my life. Im not sure how prepared I am for it.

I resigned.

Ya, I know its shocking. But I just resigned. I knew this was not what I wanted to do all my life.
Another month in this company and I'm off, to discover all the hidden ways to happiness in life.

Lets see what I have in my platter, I'm going to try my luck at event management, begin with my dance and finish the aim of finishing Arangetram by the time I'm 25 (That might stretch I know, but lets see how fast I can do it). Apart from this, I'm really in the mood to experiment a lot of random things like planning a fitness center, trying out Yoga/Dance Aerobics.

This comes as a shocker for most people around me because whenever I tell them I quit this company, the first question I'm asked is "Which company did you shift to?" or "Which company are you going to?".

Somehow me telling them "I'm not going anywhere, I am just taking a break from this hustle-bustle and then trying my luck out at other things" is taken with a pinch of shock. Although, there have been a lot of my friends who couldn't be happier for me because I took this risk, but there is a set of people who think its not a very good idea.

Whether its a good idea or not, only time can tell. I want to know from life whether its just money that can buy you happiness or the satisfaction of what you do. I have taken the plunge, I quit my job. I'm all on my own. Ready to face the world. Now whether the world kicks me or embraces me in its arms is something I am yet to figure out.

Good luck to me!!!

9 comments:

PS said...

Best of luck Priya.
I am happy to see someone in my peers pursue his/her passion...
Hope to see you suceed in your chosen path.

:)

Anonymous said...

So proud of you. Like you said only time will tell, but doing the conventions is not always the right thing to do. Well may be for the conventional people. ;)
All the best in whatever you do. Be true to your heart and use your mind that's all I can say.
Have an adventurous and lively life. Your life has just begun.

Anonymous said...

oops i meant "conventional" and not "conventions".
damn u auto-correct.

Priya Varunesh Kumar said...

@praveen : I am excited, scared, nervous all together at the same time. I am without a job as of now, finishing the one month left in the company. Loads of opportunities. butterflies in my stomach. :):)

@lavinor : The only thing I fear most right now is being penniless. Its the hardest decision Ive ever taken. I got up. The only thing needed now is a plan.

Anonymous said...

Life would be tough no doubt. But it would have been same if you had continued in the same company, until you got used to it, and that would have been a bigger loss.
It wouldn't be easy, but you would figure it out. May be even one day you would look back at this decision and say "it was then I stopped being ordinary".
It takes a lot of heart and guts to take such a decision.
Adios.
Only way now, is the way forward.
-Anurag

Deepesh said...

Now that calls for a Vow.. Gr8 to see you chasing satisfaction rather than money or career... It would have been a tough decision to make.. Now that you have made it.. Go for it.. You have chosen the Road not taken... Lets hope it brings all the differnce...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Dude... Like I told you Congrats for your decision.. Really need "something" to take this one. You are going to so something that you are good at passion for. Don't ever doubt or look behind. You have got enough people in your life who can make you stand up "if you fall". God bless..

Chitranshi said...

well, i hav read each n every post on ur blog n i knw how much u wanted this all.. go ahead.. all d best :)